Practice process – develop your checklist for efficient learning. (A reworking of Dorothy Delay’s Study Sheet is included on p. 126.)
- Write in your “choreography” of fingerings and bowings into your part.
- Create a calendar break down of what you need to accomplish each week – the semester goes by very quickly!
- You may also find keeping a practice log useful.
- Find a way to organize all your performance related material into one folder, binder, notebook or file
- An harmonic, formal and phrase analysis of one of the pieces your are studying will be presented in seminar each year.
- Find out about the composer, period, genre, etc. of each piece you are working on. You will be asked to relate a certain depth of knowledge about each piece you perform in Seminar.
- Informal presentation in seminar on music performance related topics.
- You will be doing at least one every couple of years, as need and interest arise.
Listening Logs – will be submitted to performers (and possibly me) in performance seminar.